- What cookies and online tracking technologies are
The majority of web browsers allow you to have some control over the placing of cookies on your device through your browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to block, manage and delete them, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/.
WHAT ARE COOKIES AND ONLINE TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES?
Web Browser Cookies
A cookie is a small in size text file that is sent by a website to your computer or mobile device and which is stored by your web browser. A cookie contains a limited amount of non-personal data, usually a unique identifier and the name of the site. This allows a website to recognise you, the user, as you move around the site and/or each time you come back.
- remember information about you, so you don’t have to provide them to us again
- keep you signed in (if applicable)
- understand how people are interacting with our overall services, so we further improve them;
- improve your experience by remembering your preferences and settings;
- deliver advertising, if applicable, where you provided your consent; and
- understand if you read our emails and whether you found them useful.
Types of cookies
Cookies may be delivered to you by the website you are visiting (a “first party cookie”) or by another company providing services to that specific website, for example, an analytics company or advertising network (a “third party cookie”). They will either be stored for the duration of your session (a “session cookie”) or they will remain on your device for a fixed period, which vary from months or even years, depending on your cookie preferences (a “persistent cookie”).
Tracking technologies: web beacons/GIFs, page tags, script
Web pages and emails may include a small transparent image file or simple line of code which records how you engage with them. They are often used in combination with web browser cookies and they aid the website publishers to better analyse and improve their services while targeting advertising based on your browsing behaviour and experience. For example, understanding which website pages you view or which elements of a page you interacted with, whether you viewed and/or interacted with an advertisement on the site or whether you opened or clicked on marketing email campaigns sent to you.
In addition, by using our website, you (the visitor) agree to allow third parties to process your IP address, in order to determine your location for the purpose of currency conversion. You also agree to have that currency stored in a session cookie in your browser (a temporary cookie which gets automatically removed when you close your browser). We do this in order for the selected currency to remain selected and consistent when browsing our website so that the prices can convert to your (the visitor) local currency.
- ‘Strictly Necessary’ Purposes: to provide you with the ability to use all the difference parts of the BrainSharp website, to remember things you’ve already done in past sessions, to provide the option to a purchase, to increase the security of our services, as well as for system administration purposes like preventing fraudulent activitities that may impact our services and your experience;
- Functionality Purposes: to remember your preferences and settings and other functionality you have requested (if applicable), like the ability to remember your username and password;
- Analytics and Performance-Related Purposes: to allow BrainSharp understand how users and customers use our website, so we can further improve them, to understand the popularity of various design or content-related elements of the website. We may also use analytics services to gather information regarding users of our services on our behalf using cookies, log file data and code, which is embedded on our website.
- Advertising Purposes: our website may occasionally contain advertising, which would be clearly marked using the word "Advertisement". Cookies and tracking technologies may sometimes be employed in a way that they can deliver advertising and marketing messages that are relevant to you and your experience with our website - a common practice across the internet used by different online vendors and/or websites.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
|Used by the content network, Cloudflare, to identify trusted web traffic.||1 year||Necessary|
|CookieConsent||brain-sharp.com||Stores the user's cookie consent state for the current domain||1 year||Necessary|
|csrftoken||instagram.com||Helps prevent Cross-Site Request Forgery (CSRF) attacks.||1 year||Necessary|
|ci_session||metizapps.com||Preserves users states across page requests.||Session||Necessary|
|_ga||brain-sharp.com||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.||2 years||Statistics|
|_gat||brain-sharp.com||Used by Google Analytics to throttle request rate||Session||Statistics|
|_gid||brain-sharp.com||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.||Session||Statistics|
|__insp_nv||brain-sharp.com||Used to make live streaming of video content more efficient.||1 year||Marketing|
|__insp_slim||brain-sharp.com||Used to make live streaming of video content more efficient.||1 year||Marketing|
|__insp_wid||brain-sharp.com||Used to make live streaming of video content more efficient.||1 year||Marketing|
|fr||facebook.com||Used by Facebook to deliver a series of advertisement products such as real time bidding from third party advertisers.||3 months||Marketing|
|NID||google.com||Registers a unique ID that identifies a returning user's device. The ID is used for targeted ads.||6 months||Marketing|
|lidc||linkedin.com||Used by the social networking service, LinkedIn, for tracking the use of embedded services.||Session||Marketing|
|GPS||youtube.com||Registers a unique ID on mobile devices to enable tracking based on geographical GPS location.||Session||Marketing|
|VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE||youtube.com||Tries to estimate the users' bandwidth on pages with integrated YouTube videos.||179 days||Marketing|
|YSC||youtube.com||Registers a unique ID to keep statistics of what videos from YouTube the user has seen.||Session||Marketing|