The demand for natural focus and concentration supplements has been significantly increased over the past decade as people need the ability to stay focused and alert for longer periods of time.
Focus booster supplements will have several types of brain booster vitamins or brain enhancing amino acids in them.
These vitamins and amino acids collaborate to increase neurotransmitter activity which in turn improves the ability to better concentrate and focus on the task in hand.
In this research-based article, we will see 7 of the best focus and concentration boosting supplements that will help you enhance your productivity and output levels.
Best Brain Focus Supplements – 7 Natural Ingredients to Improve Focus & Concentration
1. Acetyl L - Carnitine (ALCAR)
Acetyl-L-Carnitine is a very well researched amino acid and can be found in a few of the most effective focus and concentration supplements.
It operates as a brain booster by helping maintain the health and functionality of brain cells.
ALCAR essentially increases oxygen uptake in the brain which improves memory, focus and overall mental performance.
A Few Mental Health Benefits of ALCAR
- Can reduce age-related memory loss in older adults, like help prevent Alzheimer’s and other memory loss related diseases.
- Improves concentration and memory in adults aged between 25 and 70, whose use of technology has decreased their attention span over time.
- Studies have shown that consuming just a small dose of Acetyl-L-Carnitine can improve blood flow in the brains of people who have poor concentration and attention span (R, R).
2. Gingko Biloba
Ginkgo biloba works as a focus booster by improving oxygen flow to the brain, which in turn uses oxygen to operate at an optimum performance.
Studies have shown that Ginkgo biloba could be part of a healthy diet and regular exercise as it can help improve overall memory recall and brain reaction performance in healthy individuals (R, R).
A Few Mental Health Benefits of Gingko Biloba
- Can help treat Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of age related memory loss.
- Studies have shown that taking ginkgo leaf extract can significantly improve concentration and attention span in people with mild age-related memory loss or thinking problems (R).
- The regular consumption of Ginkgo leaf extract has been shown to improve short-term visual memory and speed of mental processing.
- Taking small doses of gingko regularly can improve concentration and attention span in young people. Ginkgo has been shown to improve memory recall and speed of mental processing in individuals who show no signs of memory loss.
L-Theanine works by crossing the blood-brain barrier and increasing GABA and dopamine levels in the brain.
The combination of L- Theanine extract with coffee in a supplement can produce great results in improving the quality and depth of thinking as well as the ability to sustain focus and concentration for longer periods of time.
A Few Mental Health Benefits of L-Theanine
- Increases concentration and attention span, especially if combined with coffee.
- Studies have shown that L-theanine can also help reduce their stress levels, heart rates and blood pressure (R, R).
- Can improve in battling depression, stress and sleep cycle disturbance.
4. DHA (Omega-3 Fatty Acids)
DHA is an omega-3 fatty acid which can improve cardiovascular health and function reduce triglycerides, as well as increase brain function and mental sharpness.
A number of studies have shown a strong correlation between the intake of DHA supplements and cognitive function, visual acuity, and overall brain development.
A Few Mental Health Benefits of DHA
- Contributes to the maintenance of normal blood pressure and triglyceride levels.
- Aids in the maintenance of normal brain function and increases focus and concentration levels.
- Studies have also shown that after six months of daily doses of DHA individuals can experience improved working memory, reaction time and memory retention (R, R).
5. Dimethylethanolamine (DMAE)
DMAE is another focus and concentration booster that has been studied extensively as a potential treatment for ADD/ADHD (among others).
DMAE can produce more acetylcholine (carries information across synapses, the space between brain cells) in the brain which in turn improves the brain’s ability to concentrate and retain information for longer periods of time.
A Few Mental Health Benefits of DMAE
- Improves memory performance, brain function, and mental energy in individuals with Alzheimer’s disease or senile dementia.
- Studies showed an increase in concentration and attention span in healthy adults as well as individuals with a history of shortened attention spans (R).
Choline is a macronutrient that plays an important role in nerve function, healthy brain development, muscle movement, improving energy levels and maintaining a functional metabolism.
Choline is a water soluble nutrient that is associated with other vitamins, like those in the B vitamin complex family.
Similarly to B vitamins, choline supplements support energy and brain function, as well as maintaining an active metabolism.
A Few Mental Health Benefits of Choline
- Choline can protect memory and decline of brain function. Choline has the ability to keep our mind mentally sharp as we age by helping in preserving memory, preventing dementia and memory loss as well as other age-related symptoms of cognitive decline (R).
- Choline aids in improving mental energy, focus and concentration; essential to physical activity (R).
- Improves focus, response times and mental processing by positively impacting the nervous system and neurotransmitters in the brain (R).
7. Lion's Mane
Lion’s Mane is an edible mushroom with medicinal properties and has been used in traditional Chinese and Japanese medicine throughout history.
Lion’s Mane supplements can protect against stomach ulcers and depression, improve anxiety, focus and overall cognitive function, while also having anti-fatigue and anti-aging properties (R, R).
A Few Mental Health Benefits of Lion's Mane
- Studies have shown that Lion’s Mane can improve focus memory and overall cognitive function as well as possessing nerve regenerating capability (R, R, R).
- Lion's Mane also has the ability to compact depression as well as assist in improving quality sleep (R).
8. BONUS Brain Supplement: BrainSharp
BrainSharp is an organic supplement shown to improve overall cognitive performance and maintain brain health.
BrainSharp has been carefully created using 12 natural ingredients including the right amounts of Acetyl-L-Carnitine (ALCAR), L-Theanine, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Vitamin B6 and Vitamin B12, among many others.
A Few Mental Health Benefits of BrainSharp
- The natural ingredients found in the supplement have been shown to improve focus, memory recall and overall information processing.
- It's trusted by people from different professional backgrounds and used for an effective completion of assignments.
- It promotes a healthy cognitive function while keeping mood levels high.
BrainSharp Organic Supplement
Take Away Message
Clarity of thought and laser focus are necessary to a productive and effective day, independently of what tasks we choose to engage with. The right supplements will not only help you improve the quantity and quality of your results but also keep you healthy and energized.
So, make sure to pick the one that best suits your needs and lifestyle - you will soon realize that your overall cognitive abilities have moved to a whole new level.
To recap, these are the 7 best brain supplements that can increase your concentration and focus levels when working on different tasks:
- Acetyl L - Carnitine (ALCAR)
- Gingko Biloba
- DHA (Omega-3 Fatty Acids)
- Dimethylethanolamine (DMAE)
- Lion's Mane
- BONUS: BrainSharp